Recently the g’daughter and I have been making a lot of meals together, focusing on those that are healthier, more flavorful and meatless.
The following recipe can be adapted so many ways (including vegan) and meets all our focus criteria.
1-2 flour tortillas (your choice of size) per person
2 cups lentils-cooked and seasoned
2 cups rice-cooked
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 packet taco seasoning (or homemade to equal 2 TBS)
½ cup sour cream
1 cup salsa
- When cooking lentils add packet of taco seasoning for flavor, cook lentils to desired tenderness
- Heat tortillas according to package directions
- After all ingredients are ready and prepared, spoon down center of tortilla
- Fold top and bottom of tortilla over ingredients, roll sides of tortilla toward middle to close burrito
- Top with extra cheese, sour cream and salsa if desired
- Eat and enjoy!
Serves four to six
Optional Ingredients- we have also used
Bell Peppers, Refried Beans, Avocados, Mexican Corn, Pinto Beans, Black Beans, Tomatoes, Corn, Garlic, Pepper Jack Cheese, Shredded Lettuce, Lime Juice, Guacamole, Mushrooms, Zucchini…the list goes on and on!!!
As you can see from the optional ingredients, and of course, that’s just a partial list, there is no end to the variations or different kinds of burritos you can make without meat!
I was unable to get a picture as these were scarfed down so quickly, with NO leftovers!!