I was awarded this lovely Liebster Award some time ago by the beautiful Esme at https://cookandenjoyrecipes.wordpress.com/ My sincerest apologies for taking so long to respond.
The Global Aussie at https://theglobalaussie.com describes the Liebster Award as the following:
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
I feel honored to be nominated, and especially to be thought of in such a wonderful way!!
1. Acknowledge the blogger that nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers and encourage them to accept this award for blogging.
4. Ask them 11 questions.
5. Let them know you have nominated them.
Questions to my (https://cookandenjoyrecipes.wordpress.com/) nominees:
1. You’ve been given an elephant. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with the elephant?
2. A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?
3. If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
4. What do you think about when you’re alone in your car?
5. What was the last gift you gave someone?
6. Which post on your blog are you most proud of?
7. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
8. Would you rather live for a week in the past or the future?
9. When you’re having a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
10. Which 3 famous people, living or dead, would you want at your fantasy dinner party?
11. Which of the Seven Dwarfs is most like you?
#1. Hmm, an elephant for life (they live approximately 70 years, you know?!)! I would teach it to let me ride it, then it would become my primary means of transportation. As long as I didn’t go broke feeding it during its average 18 hours of feeding on hay, twigs, grass-hey, (pun intended, LOL) maybe I could rent him out to mow grass in the summer since it grows prolifically in the South during the summer months-twigs, etc. Perhaps I put too much thought into that one, huh? 🙂
#2. He says, “I see your heat isn’t working again (since it’s not). Cancun was a nice, but very brief break, I need somewhere that is cooler!”
#3. A toss-up between my favorite animal the buffalo (I know, strange, right? Don’t ask me why, because I don’t know why, I just do!!) and a killer whale. The buffalo just because I like them, the killer whale because they are sleek, beautiful and live in water.
#4. The songs I’m listening to and singing at the top of my lungs!!
#5. A book, LOL, figures, right?!?!?!?
#6. This is just one of a few, I had a hard time choosing, there aren’t too many that I could say were my favorites. I don’t know if favorite is the right word, but it’s one that was the hardest for me to write. https://captivedreamswindow.wordpress.com/2017/08/18/friday-flashback-3/
#7. I don’t really like ice cream (hurts my teeth too much, especially those broken when I fell).
#8. Oh, wow!! Either of those prospects is a scary thought! I think since the past is somewhat known regarding what happened, I would choose to relive a week in the past. Now, do I get to pick the week or change anything during the week, or…?
#9. Read, sing, cook, bake, clean, go for a drive sometimes several at the same time, sometimes each one separately.
#10. Ooooooo, another really tough one! The first one would be Jesus, C. S. Lewis (had to have an author, too!) and Ronald Reagan. This was REALLY hard, so many people with so many differences, such an eclectic group were thought of, then left off my list.
#11. Right this minute-Sleepy, LOL. It’s 5:45 AM and I haven’t gone to bed for the night yet. Otherwise, I’d say Dopey! Look at this post and my answers, I rest my case. And, I’m going to bed!! Good night! I’ll be up again around 8:30 or 9 so I can choose my awardees and post this. In the meantime, see #1!
I had such a very hard, a long struggle trying to figure out who to nominate! To everyone that I follow, please know that even if you are not listed, I truly enjoy your blogs. If I could, I’d give you all an award for the best blog in the world!!
My Eleven Questions
My sympathies to the winners! It’s truly a daunting task to think of eleven interesting questions to ask you. I would like to know each and every one of you, and that leaves me so many more questions, too!!! OK, are you ready? Here we go!!
- If you sat down next to Jesus on a bus, what would you talk about?
- What book character would you like to be for a day and why?
- What is one thing you do not have (doesn’t have to be a material object, for instance, you could not have patience and want it)?
- What saying do you use to help you through your day?
- Have you been told you look like an actor? If so, who?
- What is the weirdest food you have ever eaten?
- Using only three words, describe yourself!
- What band would you be embarrassed to admit you listen to?
- If you had to pick only one color for your clothing to be that color forever, what color would you pick?
- If you could choose the age you would be forever, what would it be and why?
- What one word would you use to describe your ability on the computer?
Wow, those should get the ideas going, huh?
Since this is turning into a book (apologies and gratitude to all who have read the complete post! You win the virtual patience of the year award because you definitely needed it to finish this post! (I almost didn’t read it all, LOL!!)
I can’t wait to see the answers!
(I use a LOT of exclamation points and parenthetical phrases, don’t I?!?! Hmmmm, something else for me (and you!! Oh, no, a parenthetical inside a parenthetical!!!) to ruminate over!! (If I made any errors,
please let me know! I think I can live with it given the length of the blog, LOL)
Oh, and joy of joys for us all…I have more awards to accept! Yippee!! I can’t wait, how about you? (Really! Any snarkiness or sarcasm is in your mind, not mine!!)
LOL, LOL I caught a LOT of mistakes after I posted! Hopefully, I caught them all this time-are, not or…I can’t even!!!!