This post is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue! I was nominated for this award almost a month ago. However, I have been reading so many books and doing so many reviews, I’ve have had time for little else!
Thank you so very much to James of This is My Truth Now. I stumbled across his blog’s 365 Day Challenge and was impressed enough, I’m beginning to think I’ll start my own similar challenge soon.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
My blog started on another site, but I switched to WordPress and brought all my blogs over to WP.
I originally started as sort of a tribute to my Mom, who had recently passed away, and also as a way for out of town family members to catch up with all our relatives that I now lived closer to. However…this happened, Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball, and not long after, being the avid reader I am, I was hooked. So now almost every blog post is a book review. (What can I say, I’m hooked!)
My first piece of advice is to enjoy what you are doing. If you don’t, it will show.
My second piece of advice is to always thank people that follow and/or comment on your blog. I know I have had a few fall through the cracks, so you may, too. However, if someone takes the time to check out your blog and follow, it’s only fair they be told, “Thank you!”
- Canuck Carl of The Old Fellow Goes Running. WOW, is he ever an inspiration. I have never cared much for running, but if I were to start, I would hope to have half his determination!
- The Ruby Sky at The Sea Calls Us Home. A charming young lady, with a very eclectic blog!
- Charity Hope of A Girl and Her Camera. Beautiful pictures!
- Writing Your First Novel-Things You Should Know. We-at least a lot of us- aspire to write a book. There are some great tips here.
- Old Time Rock and Roll at I Like that Old Time Rock and Roll. What can I say, it’s old time rock ‘n roll (and from a very young lady, too! She’s keeping the history alive!).
- Brandon of Chaotic Shapes. He has fascinating pictures created from, you guessed it, chaotic shapes!
- Ellie Whyte at Soul Inspirationz. She has an eclectic taste in books and reviews the ones she reads.
- Kool Aid Moms of Whats for Dinner Moms. Let’s face it, it’s fun to try new recipes.
- Tamera Lynn Kraft and
- Carole Brown of Word Sharpeners. (OK, so I cheated a little. They blog together and also write books.) There are some great tips for writing, along with book and movie reviews, plus other fun things! Be sure to check out the side bar for a list of all the fun things. For a trip down memory lane click on TV lists (There’s an interesting tribute to Leonard Nimoy, too).
So there you have it, my nominees!
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway!!