Thank you, Sally of Smorgasbord – Variety is the spice of life, who recently nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award.
Sally Georgina Cronin, a published author, has lived an eclectic life. Her father was in the Royal Navy, causing the family to move frequently until settling in the UK when she was 14. Retail, advertising, telecommunications, radio and television are some of the careers she has enjoyed.
She and her husband dated for only 5 weeks before they married. They have been married for 34 years! (I love these types of stories. My Mom and Dad dated for a little less than 3 months when they married. They were married for 57 years before Mom passed away.)
Sally also has a very eclectic blog, but one of my favorites is: Five-star treatment-a place to celebrate your latest review or award.
Here are the rules for accepting the Real Neat Blog Award:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select up to 15 blogs/bloggers that you have recently discovered or regularly follow.
- Nominate those bloggers for the Real Neat Blog Award with links to their blogs.
- In addition, post 7 things about yourself. (Answer the questions the person who nominated you asked, and then ask 7 of your own.)
- Also, remember; add the Real Neat Blog Award picture to your post.
The questions Sally asked me:
1. Who is the character you most identify with in the books that you have ever read?
Wow, that is a hard one! I guess I would choose Jo, from Little Women.
2. Name 4 writers you would like to have to dinner.
Double WOW, this is even harder to narrow down! Well, let’s see, Karen Kingsbury, Jodi Picoult, Ted Dekker and Janice Hanna Thompson. However, I would have continual dinner parties and invite tons more authors!
3. Which century would you like to have lived in?
The early 19th. Things were changing so very much during that time period, I think it would be a fascinating time to live.
4. What impresses you most about a blog that encourages you to follow it?
I’m usually made aware of a blog through other blogs. I then read the ABOUT page, that’s usually enough to let me get insight into the person and blog and make a decision to follow.
5. Which social media platform do you find most useful to bloggers?
I would probably say Twitter because it can go out to so many more people.
6. What skill would you like to develop to improve your blogging or writing?
7.Give three reasons you love to be a blogger.
I enjoy the interaction with other bloggers. I love to read, and blogging introduces me to a completely new world of authors. I feel like it is preparation for me to become a “real” author!
My questions for my nominees:
- If fear was not a factor, what is something you would do?
- What book has made a lasting impression on you?
- What was your happiest blog moment?
- Did you start, and have you continued, your blog for you or for your audience?
- Do you listen to music when you blog? If so, what kind of music do you listen to?
- How does blogging differ from what you expected?
- What is your favorite food and/or beverage?
I deliberately chose very different and eclectic blogs.
My nominees are:
ESTELA CABALLERO-https://4utu.wordpress.com ABOUT ME & WHY YOU SHOULD STAY AWHILE Photographer, writer, blogger, and artist. She’s an up and coming Latina– the rest of the world just doesn’t know it yet. She is writing this in third person now and it’s weird so she is going to stop. I want your visit here to be your window. Tell me what you see. I’m listening.
DARREN POKE- http://betterlifecoachingblog.com/ If you’re looking for a bit of optimism, hope or encouragement, you’ve come to the right place. The Better Life Coaching Blog is written to inspire and motivate us all to greater heights. My name is Darren Poke, and I’m a husband and father of three from Melbourne, Australia who is passionate about helping you to maximize your potential.
COLIN- https://atrampinthewoods.wordpress.com/ I write about and photograph the nature around me from a little farm in The Forest of Dean. I watch plants, animals, fungi, I don’t have a field of expertise but I do have a field full of Wildflowers and Badgers. I get so much enjoyment from the natural world and I want to share what I see and so I blog about it. (With pictures) I hope that you enjoy my blog. All the best – Colin
SALLY HINCHIFFE –https://cityexile.wordpress.com/ I’ve been a town mouse all my life – born in London, brought up all over the world, but always in a city. In April 2008 we both quit our jobs and moved up to the middle of nowhere, somewhere in Scotland.
EMILY CARTER MITCHELL-http://bellaremyphotography.com/ Hoofbeats & Footprints show the world both on foot and by horseback. With the love of travel, and the art of photography explore the world with me in a unique way. As an aspiring adventure freelance photojournalist, unique experiences are discovered both overseas as well as at home.
D. PARKER-http://yadadarcyyada.com/ Very Me I have always been me and despite many attempts to make me not me, I still seem to manage to be me. That’s not always a good thing. Read some of my stuff, comment, critique, praise, ignore, puzzle, or just do whatever you want.
PAT GEYER-http://rantingchef.com/ Like to cook? Check. Like to eat? Double check. Can’t shut him up? You betcha… The Rantings of an Amateur Chef is the bloggings of Pat Geyer, an amateur chef living in the Cleveland, Ohio area. While not making his living in the kitchen, he spends as much time as he can there. He explores recipes, restaurants, gadgets and anything else related to cooking and eating.
CEE-http://ceenphotography.com/ I am like a different person when I have a camera in my hand. My world slows down and I can actually stay in the moment and discover all the marvelous things around me. I know there are professional to amateur photographers who enjoy taking photos as much as I do I’m really hoping you enjoy my blog and participate in some of my challenges. I also know that there are a lot of non-photographers who just enjoy looking a photos.